A simple prayer will help

A simple prayer will help

Radio meditation by: Evangelist Sieberen Voordewind

Dear listener, I was once visiting a  family that didn't go to a church. The man and woman said that their baby was sick and had very high fever. The doctor had been, but the fever remained high.
And that's certainly not good. I asked the couple to go up to pray for the baby. Not because I suddenly could feel something special or a special gift to have. I did not play on my feelings, but my faith in Jesus Christ! There are those believers who say, "I must first feel something for the Lord to do. I must first feel for someone to pray ... "They forget that in the first place to faith. I read in the Bible: "And Jesus came into Peter's house and saw his mother lying sick of a fever. And he took her hand and the fever left her ... "(Matthew 8:14,15). The Lord Jesus saw that the lady had a fever and he did not say, "If I feel something special I'll do it." No, he saw and took action by going to her and her healing. Then said the Lord in Johannes14: "Whoever believes in me, the works that I do shall he do also." As a believer and follower of Jesus Christ, I was moved about one who had a fever, and I did the same as my Master, by going to the bed of the sick. The parents were pleased with the baby that I would pray with me and ran upstairs. As I stood beside the cot, I took the boldness to pray for the baby. No, no I prayed long and important prayers, but short and simple. It is with God not to the length of a prayer. As long as there is nothing wrong with your mouth, you can pray for someone without fuss. The result was that the high fever suddenly disappeared and the baby was healed in the Name of Jesus! And know that the parents were stunned. Their beloved baby after praying again healthy and vibrant! The Lord Jesus did a miracle in a family that Sunday is not a church. And you see again how the Lord a lot of secular people, and that divine healing is not just for Christians and church is. Not long after the miracle, people visited this lovely gatherings. The Lord did a miracle and she got the urge to go to a church. So that was also good. Praise the Lord!

What I mean is this testimony: step out in faith and pray for and with someone who is ill, in the wonderful name of Jesus Christ, the Son of the Living God. Doubt not but believe that the Lord hears and answers your prayer even in his time. I wish you God's mighty blessings. Amen!

(translated by Antony Tulung)